Monday, February 11, 2013

"Healthy and Strong"

Over the weekend, I realized several things.

1. I like to eat. I always have liked to eat. I enjoy food and snacking and desserts and fun foods. Dieting makes me very cranky and it makes me sad to watch others restrict and shame themselves over what they eat.

2. I am not living up to my full potential when it comes to exercising. I admit it, I am a tad on the sedentary side. I love just curling up and reading a book or loafing in bed watching my favorite tv show. Exercise and physical fitness has never been a thing I thought I was good at or really wanted to do. However, I think moving my body and keeping it active and physically strong is very important. To work towards this, I have picked up the Couch to 5K program to start!

3. I am very focused on being a good role model for my daughter. I don't want her to see me dieting or exercising only for aesthetic purposes. I want her to see me taking care of myself in a moderate, healthy, and vibrant way while still enjoying every bit of life.

Ergo, my new motto: Healthy and Strong

Not thin, not lean, not modelesque. Strong.

I am hopeful that this will give me a good source of motivation and inspiration besides simply my physical appearance and also help me teach her positive body image, intuitive eating (along with a little joyful eating) and enjoying moving her body in a non-punitive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment