Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Health at Every Size

First, a side note: Please forgive any intermittent posting in the near future. I have a lot of irons in the fire in my life and am trying to keep up with everything! Unfortunately, blogging takes a back burner on many days.

Health at Every Size

I have had somewhat of a revelation.

I am stronger now than I was when I was thinner.

Monday night,  I did a total of 30 standard pushups. Never in my life have I been able to do "man pushups", as I like to call them. I have always had little weakling bird arms and, when I was thinner, I focused on cardio and thinness rather than strength or endurance. I am now 30 lbs heavier and significantly stronger and with better cardio endurance than I ever had before.

Huh.

It has put me in a little bit of a weird place. I still have my moments of hating my bigger body and wanting to be thinner, but then I have this wonder about the strength of my new body. I am trying to cultivate this into a greater appreciation and love for my curvier frame, but it is a process.

Tonight, I'm gonna do 31 pushups.

1 comment:

  1. HAES changes everything, doesn't it?! The thought of respecting your body just as it is... amazing!!! Pursuing health now, instead of later.

    ReplyDelete