Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Journal Entry

Thought I'd throw in a random journal entry for fun! May be a good progress check as well.

9:00am
I am dithering about what I want for breakfast. A biscuit and sweet tea sounds good but I am not sold on it. I have figured out that when I'm not really sure, I'm not really hungry. I save myself a few dollars and head on to work with the plan to eat my packed food for breakfast.

9:15am
Arrive at work, make a cup of green tea. I was in the mood for this and enjoy it.

10:30am
Rats! I got really sidetracked making phone calls and now am starving. I had originally planned a yogurt but that sounds hideous at this moment. I decide on a granola bar for breakfast. Not super filling but I figure lunch is around the corner at this point.

11:45am
Ready for lunch! I packed an Italian chicken and bowtie pasta salad. A little too much dressing but still  good. I eat almost all of it.

2:00pm
Getting sleeeepy. I kind of want a soda but am trying to avoid the extra sugar in the afternoon; I've found it makes me hungrier sometimes. I decide to make a cup of iced black tea and then, if I still want the soda in a bit, I'll get one. I also have an apple as my first afternoon nap. As you may have learned, I like to graze in the afternoons. It keeps me a little perkier and keeps any extra boredom snacking urges happy.

3:00pm
HUNGRY! I have some Trail Mix style Chex Mix, perfect for afternoon grazing.

7:00pm
Dinner, starving again! Griddled cube steak, mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts. I felt like I inhaled this, I was so hungry. Definitely not a mindful meal.

9:00pm
I usually want some kind of a treat. I had some leftover Dairy Queen. It was just okay.

10:00pm
The husband and MIL were snacking on some Chex Mix so I had a few rye crisps. Not really hungry, just joining in on the snacking.

Stay tuned for a follow up post about my mindless eating...

No comments:

Post a Comment