Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Diminished.

Well.

Yes, I'm still here!

My focus has definitely been elsewhere lately. I am in the process of buying a house and exploring employment opportunities so my brain has been going hither and yon, lately. But, I have returned! Here are a few things that have been going on.

I had a free Body Love Breakthrough Session with the wonderful Golda Poretsky. We talked about my history and little bit and some of my concerns. One thing that came up that really struck me was the idea of feeling diminished by others, or trying to lessen myself in order to please others. It's funny how something like this can turn into a food issue, isn't it?

I grew up having a BIG personality. I was loud and rambunctious and all over the place. You would never know that, looking at me now. I learned at a young age that quiet was better, blending in was ideal, and being "more" than someone else was to be avoided. As an adult, I get negative reactions from peers whenever I am acting very confident or outspoken. The feedback loop continues.

It almost seems like a fun problem to have. Be more outspoken! Be your fabulous self! Scary, but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment