Friday, May 25, 2012

I'm back!

I successfully made it out of surgery. I won't go into all the gory details but it ended up being more complicated than expected and my recovery was also a little longer. Unfortunately, I do have endometriosis. I go back to the doc next week to talk about my options.

It is a frustrating thing to feel like your body has betrayed you. Weird, bad things going on inside without your knowledge. It's also a very scary thing (even if my condition is fairly benign) to know how fragile we are.

Because of medications and recovery time, etc, my eating has been somewhat chaotic but I have been trying to pay attention to how I feel after I eat certain things, physically and emotionally. I have not taken any great actions but just doing lots of observing and trying to treat myself gently.

I am also not allowed to exercise for a minimum of two weeks. This has been nice but also a little frustrating. Exercise is a major source of stress reduction for me but I am dealing with it as best I can since there is no wiggle room here!

Updates to continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment