Friday, September 23, 2011

Getting real.

Welcome! I thought I would do a little introduction of myself to start things off. Here's a sort of top 10 list:

  1. I'm 29, will be 30 in November. I am actually kind of excited about it.
  2. I am an only child. My mom has really bad fibroids and was unable to have any more kids.
  3. I am an air force brat. I've lived in 2 countries and 5 states.
  4. I am a social worker. I specialize in substance abuse and severe mental illness. Right now, I work for an insurance company (the line is that I've "sold my soul". Really, direct care just burnt me out.)
  5. I have a significant history of disordered eating and distorted body image.
  6. I suffered from bulimia in graduate school and have done numerous diet plans.
  7. I recently had my first child, a girl.
  8. My mother passed on disordered eating to me. Every woman in her family has disordered eating patterns and I am determined to break the chain.
  9. I have a very supportive and understanding husband.
  10. I love all things gothy and Steampunk. (you can also visit me at Steamgoth Geek)
I plan to use this blog as a sort of food and exercise journal and a place to process my challenges and successes. I am going to try and focus on Intuitive Eating as my frame of reference, as well as Health at Every Size.

Disclaimer: While I am technically a mental health professional, this blog is not intended to diagnose or treat any mental health or substance abuse condition. This is a personal blog for personal use. Also, please be forewarned that some of the information on this blog may be triggering if you have disordered eating patterns or suffer from an eating disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment