Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Listening.

Lately, I have been hearing a very quiet voice in my head.

No, you do not need to call the doctor. :)

It's very quiet but it is commenting on my food choice and my body's reaction to them.

I don't always listen to it, particularly when I'm stressed and wanting to emotionally eat. But when I do listen, I feel more satisfied and like I ate what my body needed, even if it seems like an abnormal choice.

For example, I really crave protein in the morning. I don't have time to make a whole breakfast so I've just been making a sandwich. But that's lunch food, you say! Yes, but it's what works for me right now.

I have also noticed what doesn't work for me. As I mentioned before, too much salt triggers a sugary craving, and vice versa. Soda tends to make me sleepier, despite how much I enjoy the taste. :)  These are definitely things I need to keep in moderation.

A work in progress, for sure. I'll be listening closely in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment