Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Normalizing food.

In IE and HAES, food is not really supposed to have a value: good, bad, healthy, unhealthy. It's just food.

Well.

Anyone that has a history of dieting or disordered eating knows this can be very far from where we are. One practice is to simply eat the foods until you don't want them anymore (not necessarily gorging yourself but just eating them regularly until they lose their appeal).

I have been doing this lately, and it's terrifying.

Your irrational mind tells you that you will never stop eating it and you will get FAT.

Nevertheless, I kept on doing it. Every time over the last week that I have wanted candy or soda, I have had it.

I didn't gain weight.

And now, I am disinterested. I also do know that if I become interested, I will have some.

But, wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment