Thursday, December 15, 2011

Guilt.

As a woman, I have a lot of guilt.

Working mom guilt, only child guilt, lack of exercise guilt, food guilt.

It sucks.

How do you get away from it?

My husband says I need to be more assertive and take more time for me.

What a concept.

Why is it that women have such a hard time taking care of ourselves? Shouldn't this be part of mindfulness? By being more mindful, I should be more aware that I am not taking care of myself. I am overly tired, stressed, and sore. But I hate asking for help, whether with my baby, my work, or my mental health. I feel guilty for "burdening" someone else with my needs. I then end up self-soothing with food and, guess what? More guilt!

I'm tired just typing about it. Oh, and I feel guilty for not realizing all of this and taking better care of myself.

So.

I am going to make a concerted effort to check in with myself more often and ask, "What do you need?" (Isn't that what being intuitive is all about?) Hopefully I can figure it out, take action, and ask for assistance when that's what I do need.

No comments:

Post a Comment