Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Processing.

I had a mini breakdown last night. I had a long discussion with my husband about my eating habits and perseverating over whether or not to follow my "meal plan". I don't like a lot of the foods on it and the protein bars just make me feel ill and like I am consuming a lot of artificial ickiness. I ended up confessing that, anymore, I don't even know when I'm hungry and that I'm eating a lot when I'm bored or upset. I also discussed that a lot of my typical go-to stress foods don't even appeal to me anymore; I still go to them because it's like I need to know that I can/am not depriving myself. I told him that I just want to be healthy and eat healthfully more than anything else.

Phew.

My dear husband actually helped me make my lunch last night after I told him I wasn't even sure what to take or how much. We packed the following:

Whole wheat English muffin
Butter
Cashews
Leftover burrito, black beans, and Spanish rice
Apple
Green tea
Carrots

I also have my whole snack drawer so will use that as necessary. I know I need to focus more heavily on using IE but also focus on food choices that make me feel good, physically and emotionally (no hangover, no guilt). Journal entry to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment