Monday, October 8, 2012

Emotional eating.

Last night, I overate. I wasn't hungry and knew what I was doing in the moment. I could even identify the emotions related to the eating:

"I am tired"
"I don't have anyone to talk to"
"I feel alone"
"I feel sad and overwhelmed"
"I'm bored"

My mind actually was saying these things, rather loudly. All I could say back was that I didn't know how else to cope except to eat. I felt like it would be stupid to tell someone these feelings and ask for comfort. This is a bad habit of mine, not asking for help or even accepting offered help. The food is an easy go-to but ironically, I felt no better, which is actually a good thing.

I feel like I need to give myself a chance to be uncomfortable, even a little hungry. I eat almost every two hours, at the first sign of hunger. My emotions are a little out of whack (because of a medication I am on that affects hormone levels) and I am really quick to tamp them down. I need to try and "feel my feelings" for a little while and, oh, perhaps talk about them. Out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment