Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Positive Thinking

I was recently the lucky winner of Rosie Molinary's  book Beautiful You. It is a daily journaling guide, in some respects. The first few days focus on goal setting and discovering your dreams for yourself. Days 3 and 4 really spoke to me, as they focus on eliminating negative talk, internally and externally. I am guilty of both. I am really hard on myself and also very critical and judgemental of others. I think these typically go hand in hand. If I can't be patient with myself, why would I be patient with anyone else?

As a challenge, I am going to try and go a WHOLE day without saying anything negative about myself or anyone else. I know I may have negative thoughts and I will explore these with curiosity and try to release them. I also like the mindfulness idea of curious observance. When you come from a place of curiosity, it's a lot harder to be judgemental; you're trying to figure it out versus just judging it.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment