Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fear of change

Imagine for a moment that your life was different.

That you were different.

Braver. Stronger. Happier. Freer.

How does that make you feel?

For me, it is terrifying.

Why is that?

Even if it would be a positive change, the thought of even improving myself sends me to a scary place. The unknown is uncomfortable and my discomfort tolerance is almost non-existent. This is a little bit frustrating. I have even noticed that I have a hard time sitting with even mild hunger as a level of discomfort.

I want to be healthier. I want to be free of disordered eating and distorted thoughts and body image.

But this takes me out of my comfort zone.

How do you explore beyond your comfort zone? How do you tolerate the anxiety and fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment