Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Self Care

Golda did a great post on what she called Intuitive Living.

It talks about really focusing on taking care of yourself and nourishing your whole self. I think this can be something easy to forget; while it's important to eat in a way that nourishes your body and mind, there are other activities that should be remembered as well that can help you take care of yourself. I am notoriously bad at putting myself last and trying to caretake others. Ironically, I sometimes make things harder because I spread myself too thin and then can't really help anyone.

Over the weekend was a perfect example. I went to run errands with unstyled hair, no makeup, half in my pajamas. Mildly embarrassing, really. While it's not necessary to always be dressed to the nines, I felt like I had given up on my appearance for the day which made me feel worse.

While this example is a very small scale example of Intuitive Living, we need to be more purposeful about our lives, as best we can. One of my favorite lines is, "You can't take care of anyone else if you aren't taking care of yourself." Put yourself first more often and notice how you feel. Do you feel guilty? Excited? Relieved?

No comments:

Post a Comment