Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 6: Temptation

(ha, just realized I keep updating on even-numbered days)

Well, so far, so good.

Today, however, I was faced with my first serious temptation.

A coworker handed out candy to everyone. She put in on my desk before I could decline. I immediately picked it up to eat and then realized my challenge-in-action. Crap.

I then sat and thought about what was happening. I like candy. I'm not hungry. I'm actually not in the mood for it. When I googled the candy to see what flavor it was (had a certain color wrapper), I discovered I don't even like this flavor! Huh. Normally, I would have eaten it without thinking twice, without realizing I wouldn't even enjoy it. Talk about mindless eating!

I finally put it in my work drawer and will pass it on to another coworker later in the day. It seems like a tiny, petty scenario but it really made me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment