Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Journal Entry

Breakfast
9:30am
Pre-prepared overnight oatmeal. I eat it because it's there, not especially enjoying it. I eat about 3/4 and throw the rest away.
I also stopped on the way to work and got a small mocha because I was really craving it. However, it's now 10:30 and I've barely touched it. I think it may be too sugary. I am going to make myself a cup of tea instead. I decide on a cup of unsweetened orange black tea.

As aside: I just finished writing my previous post. Starting this one, I already feel like I am trying to take better care of myself.

Lunch
11:55am
Leftover pot roast with roasted potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and onions. Yummm. I left one chunk of beef and a few potatoes, may make a good afternoon snack!
12:15pm
Now craving something sweet to finish my meal. Instead of judging my choice, I decide on the first item that pops into my head: some peanut butter M&Ms I purchased with my mocha this morning.
Huh, I ate two and then realized I was good. It would be easy to keep eating them since they are delicious but I decide to save them for later!

Afternoon snacking
1pm
Reading a book leisurely during a slow point at work. Decide to open the bag of Skittles I also bought, along with my soda (which I drink about half of). Obviously I bought all these sweets during a more frantic moment. I am going to continue to objectively observe myself and not judge my food choices today.
Tangential rant: I find it extremely annoying and somewhat stressful that so many foods now list the calorie content right on the front. I don't want or need to know the calorie content of my snack, thank you.
I ate about half the bag and then put it away, satisfied.

2:15pm
Apparently in a sweet, snacky mood, I go back to my M&Ms and finish the bag. Trying very hard not to feel bad and just enjoy them.

4:15pm
Finishing the last bit of my lunch, along with a snack bag of mini-brownies. I have my workout class tonight so I try and make sure I am not hungry before I leave for the day, especially since I won't eat dinner until late. Unfortunately, my little mini second-lunch left much to be desired since it was only a few bites. I decide on a protein bar since I'm having major protein cravings. I am hoping my workout instructor can give me some good tips on high-protein snacks for my long afternoons.

Dinner
9pm
Fast food salad with chicken. Needed something quick and easy. Not great but not bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment