Saturday, February 25, 2012

Journal Entry: New "Meal Plan"

My trainer gave me my new "meal plan". I put it in quotations because that's how I like to think of it. I will NOT be following it to the letter and I will not be considering it a diet. I will not be posting the details of it here either but thought I'd do a journal entry based on my first day winging it (I need to grocery shop and don't have a lot of the recommended foods).

Breakfast
Recommended as one possible breakfast was a high-fiber cereal and skim milk. I am mildly lactose intolerant so I don't drink milk and, even if I did, skim milk is loathsome. I only had Cinnamon Toast Crunch on hand so I had a smallish bowl of that with plain soy milk and a cup of unsweetened green tea. I wasn't really that hungry for breakfast because I woke up with a hormonal migraine. I also had about 1/4 can of Pepsi to help with the migraine (regular soda does wonders). As you can imagine, soda is outlawed on the "meal plan". I will try to avoid it just due to the extra sugar but will drink it as I feel led.

Midmorning snack
I didn't have this.

Lunch
PB&J sandwich on wheat bread with a side of broccoli with salsa on it. I also had a small cup of soy milk for "dessert" as milk was recommended at lunch. This was actually a really good lunch and I felt full after. The milk was a nice ending since it was a little sweet.

Snack
Protein bar or shake is recommended. I had a protein shake. Blergh. I need to get some bars I think.

Dinner
Salad with chicken and assorted veggies, raspberry vinagrette dressing. This was really enjoyable. I also had an apple cinnamon muffin on the side with some butter (not on "MP", oh no!) for some carbs because I despise the recommended brown rice. Sue me.

An evening snack is recommended (actually lists a few cookies or something). I may have one later if I'm hungry. Currently enjoying a cup of Earl Grey tea and relaxing while the baby naps. I am looking forward to eating more fresh items as recommended and less processed sweets that leave me hungry afterwards. I am hoping to blend the "MP" with intuitive eating and find a happy, healthy medium for myself. My husband and MIL are keeping a close eye on me to make sure I don't become obsessive or restrictive as they will pull the plug immediately. I'll keep you updated on my progress and adjustments!

No comments:

Post a Comment