Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fullness.

Lately, I have really been relishing the feeling of fullness. Not the "ohmygod I ate too much blergh..." but that warm, heavy belly feeling after eating a good meal.

I can't remember feeling this before in my life. And that makes me sad.

I always ate "just enough" or not enough, or way too much. I sometimes felt like I was starving myself and other times couldn't eat enough to fill the black pit inside. I think I still tend to restrict, overestimating what I eat in a day. I don't eat enough fat or protein regularly. When I do, I feel much better and much fuller.

Lately, I have been trying to eat to fullness. Sometimes the amount of food it takes horrifies me but I will continue to do this until I can normalize it in my own mind.

It is okay to eat.

It is okay to feel full.

Fullness does not equal fatness.

And it is okay to take care of myself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...I got to the same place last week. When we say we're "full" it has such a negative coat covering it where losing weight is concerned. I'm also on a intuitive eating journey. All the 0-5 numbers and "satisfied" stomach signal just seem like rules to me. I now can say I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I "know" when that is. Once I gave myself permission to eat till I'm full....well I haven't binged or overeaten for a while 8 days....I can't remember the last time that was the case. It has been a liberating experience for me.

    ReplyDelete